- Hail, Brigit! hail, Brigit!
- Queen of healing, Mother of poetry,
- Hail, Brigit, forge of our vision,
- Fount of our knowledge, source of our joy.
- To thee we, night and day,
- Hidden children of the Goddess,
- Lift our voices in reverence,
- In mirth and gaity and laughter.
- Bestow upon us, thou candle of gladness,
- Since thou art the flame of knowledgable crafts,
- The healing art of Dian Cecht, the poetic art of Ogma,
- And the art of making of Goibhniu.
- Vouchsafe to us, thou silver branch,
- An island in the realm of peace,
- Safe from the waves of peril and stress,
- Beneath the shade of thy scented apple trees.