- Thou Spirit of Light who hast charge of me,
- From the fragrant Mother of all Nature,
- The gentle encompassing of thy Silver Circle
- To make round my spirit-shrine this night,
- Oh, round my spirit-shrine this night.
- Ward from me every distress and danger,
- Encircle my course over the ocean of life,
- I charge thee, place thy silver light before me,
- O bright beauteous Spirit on this very night,
- Bright beauteous Spirit on this very night.
- Be Thyself the guiding star above me,
- Illume Thou to me every reef and shoal,
- Pilot my coracle on the crest of the wave,
- To the restful harbour of the waveless sea,
- Oh, the restful harbour of the waveless sea.