- Behold the Maiden Goddess approaching,
- The Sun-King so young on her breast.
- O Gentle Goddess, and O Baby Sun!
- Bless ye this house and all herein.
- Bless ye the food, bless ye the board,
- Bless ye the corn, the flock and the store.
- What time to us the quarter was scarce,
- It is thou thyself, Goddess, who wast mother to us.
- Thou art fairer, Lady, than the waxing moon,
- Rising over the mountains.
- Thou art fairer, Lord, than the summer sun,
- Under his fullness of joy.
- Since the bard must not tarry,
- Place ye pine boughs about the Circle.
- Servant am I of the Great Mother, on the threshold,
- For the sake of the infant Sun, arise thyself and open to him.